Here’s a batch of Bucco links for this first weekend of 2013…
- Kipper from the Pittsburgh Sports Forum leaked some very interesting info. He talked to Frank Coonelly at PirateFest, and apparently the Pirates are introducing a new logo in 2014. They plan on eliminating the Kevin McClatchy Era logo (pictured above).
- Rum Bunter is having a contest for the new logo, so be sure to send him your designs.
- The Blue Jays claimed right-handed pitcher Chad Beck on Friday after the Bucs designated him for assignment last week. The Pirates actually claimed Beck from the Jays back in October, so he’s back where he finished last season.
- Eric Seidman of FanGraphs took a look at the “Buccos Bullpen Shuffle” last week and how the club can maximize the efficiency of the ‘pen at a lower cost, while also strengthening the starting rotation.
- The Pirates announced all of the minor league managers and coaches for the 2013 season.
- Tim Williams of Pirates Prospects writes about the impact of the Houston Astros leaving the NL Central.
- Speaking of the Astros, the new Texas “rivalry” will open up the 2013 season, as the ‘Stros will face the Rangers on ESPN’s Opening Night telecast on March 31.
- The 3rd annual Pirates 5K Home Run will be held on Saturday, April 13th.
- A small dog is terrified of an Andrew McCutchen Fathead.
Enjoy these Pedro Alvarez highlights (courtesy of Drew Brown):
39 days until the first spring training workout; 87 days until Opening Day