The Bucs are back; players are reporting to Pirate City and the first official workout of the spring is tomorrow. There’s finally a consistent stream of Bucco news available; here are a bunch of highlights, in no particular order…
- Tom Singer writes that the time to dream is right now.
- Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com reflects on the Bucs’ optimism for the upcoming season.
- Raise the Jolly Roger takes a look at what to watch for this spring.
- Francisco Liriano apparently suffered his right arm injury while trying to scare his children on Christmas.
- Rumbunter notes that Christmas must be pretty wild at Liriano’s house.
- Here’s a look at Liriano throwing, via Timothy R. Wofrum of the Bradenton Herald:
You can see the device holding his right arm in place. He obviously cannot catch, thus needing the assistant to flip the ball to him. It’s good to see him throwing, however, and apparently he’ll be back to normal in four weeks.
- Final piece of info on Liriano – here’s why he chose the Pirates, via Bill Brink:
“They knew me and I knew most of the hitters. I was ready for something new.”
- Also on the injury front, Tom Singer reports that Charlie Morton is ahead of schedule and is hoping to throw live batting practice before the end of spring training.
- Some pictures from the Pirates’ Twitter account…
Russell Martin meeting with the media this afternoon:
Jared Hughes getting filmed and photographed for the PNC Park scoreboard:
Southpaws Wandy Rodriguez and Jonathan Sanchez chatting it up:
- Rapper Chuck D sported a Bucco hat at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night:
Only seven more weeks until Opening Day.