We’ll spend time this week breaking down the Pirates’ 2013 schedule, month by month.
– The Pirates will spend a good amount of time at PNC Park in May; their 18 games at home will be the most of any month this season.
– A total of 11 afternoon games will played in May. These start times range from 12:35 to 4:05.
– One of those games, May 4th vs. Washington, will be televised on FOX.
– The club gets a taste of interleague play starting this month. The Mariners finally return to PNC for the first time since 2004, but only for a two-game set. The Houston Astros will come to Pittsburgh for the first time as an American League team. Finally, the “natural rival” Detroit Tigers will play a home-and-home against the Bucs at the end of May.
– The series vs. Houston is slated to be military appreciation weekend at the ballpark. The Pirates will once again rock their camouflage jerseys, which made an appearance last May. The weekend will start off with a camouflage free shirt on Friday, an A.J. Burnett camo jersey bobblehead on Saturday, and finish up on Sunday with kids 14 and under receiving an A.J. Burnett replica camo jersey.
– Most played opponent in May: the Milwaukee Brewers. The Bucs will see Ryan Braun and the Brew Crew on eight different occasions – four at PNC, four at Miller Park.
Tickets to any 2013 Pirates game can be purchased HERE.